Beauty

Empties Vol: 4

09:00:00



So onto the empties, It's been a fairly quiet on the empties this month. but here they are. 

Quite a lot of bodycare in there huh?! 

XeraCalm A.D by Avene is a would be staple of mine for winter which I discovered last year. I get a touch of Keratosis Pilaris on the backs of my thighs it is very mild but still ever so slightly annoying and this becomes particularly angry when I shave the area which I will admit doesn't really happy in the colder months. This cream is really thick and goes almost oil like when all rubbed in which if you don't watch how much comes out the tube you could be rubbing a while. So if soft, hydrated, less bumpy legs is what you're after, give this a shot. It is pricey (In my budget conscious opinion) usually £16.50 for 200ml but currently on offer at £12.35 on Look Fantastic, here

A word of warning about this, it is a bloody nightmare to get out the tube. So whilst it is a staple, unless they bring it out in a pump or something that doesn't require hulk-like strength to get product out the tube I shan't be repurchasing. No cream is worth hand-ache. 

Activbod shower concentrate. This lasted AGES and I always over do it with the shower potions. I'm talking about 6 months of post gym showers which is pretty impressive for the size I thought. This was also a sample I received through CEW last year, tried and tested then put away to be used at a later date. In terms of lather the bubble to product ratio was great. Little product = lots of bubbles. Available for the on budget price of £5.00 from Bath & Unwind, here.

Another shower gel and CEW sample was the Crabtree and Evelyn Pear and Magnolia body wash. This was one for baths because the smell is just too luscious for showers i wanted to bathe in it. I don't bath often I'm a shower girl so this has taken about 10 months to get through, using two to three capfuls per bath from HQ Hair, currently on offer at £11.25 saving £3.75 here. In my opinion this is slightly extravagant for a shower product, but would make a lovely Mother's Day or Christmas present especially when you add in the rest of the range. 

I got a lovely little travel set of Aromatherapy Associates oils for Christmas, Inner Strength is a winner, I loved this, morning and night inner strength a careful blend of scents really do invoke a bit of reflection and a bit of courage to overcome any obstacles you might be facing. Full sized Inner Strength is a luxury at £45 for 55ml from Space NK, here.

Vitamin E Sugar Scrub is beautiful, I've actually already repurchased this because it is SO good. Easy to use with a pair of exfoliating gloves or just by itself using your hands if you find the mitts are too harsh. I find the mitts particularly helpful when removing tan and it smells delicious best of all this scrub has no harmful microbeads in it, just sugar and oil. You can find it for £4.99 for 250ml at Superdrug here

La Roche Posay is a hero brand of mine, I use a varying number of their products an always seen great results. The Effalcar Duo cream sample came with a little LRP order I placed a while ago, the little sample did little to cure a spot but it did make the area less inflamed, but didn't work as quickly as some other spot treatments I have used previously. 

On my list to repurchase is the Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean toner. I really like this, I liked how it improved the overall texture of my skin, whilst my skin will never be flawless, I really felt like this smoothed out a few areas which were making me consider having a (Rosacea friendly) peel. 

X TWC 

You Might Also Like

0 comments