Beauty

Laura Mercier Flawless Skin

07:30:00



Sample Review

I got a sample of this in a Birchbox, and thought I would test it out. 

I did initially put this on my cheek, but after one circle, I knew I had made a mistake, so I rinsed it and left it at that. Luckily I only squeezed a little bit out so I hadn't wasted loads. 

I did find this extremely rough for something called "Flawless skin" I don't know whether it was just the concentration of beads to liquid in this small tube was mismatched, or whether the actual proud is just as rough. 

I love the Laura Mercier make up brand, so was really disappointed in this, I honestly thought it would be better. I would recommend this for anyone, purely because I know the skin and this is just to rough I wouldn't risk it. 


It does claim to be a "Creamy scrub" and whilst the texture is quite creamy, it is also over matched with exfoliating beads and as for "Suitable for all skin types" not on your nelly. Sorry Laura, but the only place I would potentially use this, is on my tootsies, after a long run. 

On the Laura Mercier website, it also states that... *COVER YOUR EYES* "For normal to oily skin, Face Polish can be used every day. For drier or more mature skin, it is recommended that it be used every other day. For extremely sensitive skin, mix equal parts Face Polish with One-Step Cleanser prior to application." This was copied directly from the website, and I wanted to cry.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME. That much exfoliation? Really... Lots of tiny little tears on the surface of my skin, does not fill me with skincare joy, even for those with the most resilient skin. Once a week is more than enough. I wouldn't even mix it with any form of cleanser for a sensitive skin type. 

Have you tried this? What did you think? 

X TWC 




You Might Also Like

0 comments